The Cabinet of Curiosities.
The Cabinet of Curiosities is located in the conservatory on the first floor. Like a cross between a simple museum and a library, the room consists of many treasures for children to explore and borrow.
As part of our drive to reduce, reuse and recycle, we encourage children to borrow and share interesting books and objects, and we welcome donations from families and friends whose pre-loved objects can have a second life at our school.
Children can come to the Cabinet of Curiosities with a member of staff and browse objects and books which capture their interest. These items can be checked out for a short period of time and taken back to the class or home, depending on the item!
Should you wish to donate any of the following items, we would be happy to hear from you.
- Non-fiction children’s books for 0 – 12
- Reality based fiction books for 0 – 12
- CDs, records, tapes, DVDs and videos, and players (age appropriate)
- Religious items
- Traditional clothing or decoration from other countries
- Working headphones
- Microscopes, telescopes, binoculars
- Old wooden cabinet with shelves and/or crystal doors
- Anything which might spark joy and curiosity in a Primary aged child